Mornings aren’t so bad with o’ bowls like this one.
All day every day on my latest tour around the UK with Topdeck, oatmeal was all I had for breakfast! Before going over I never really enjoyed oatmeal for some reason but now I’M OBSESSED! So much so, as soon as I got home I had a HUGE bowl after getting back into the gym with fresh fruit. Oh my, my taste buds become alive again…
Calories: 150-200 depending on toppings used
- 1/2 cup steel cut, gluten free oats
- 1 cup water or 1 cup nut milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 banana, mashed
- Extras: nuts and seeds of choice (I used roasted flaxseeds), cinnamon
- To top: pumpkin seeds and fruit of your choice.
How to do:
- In a saucepan on low-medium heat, boil oats with water/nut milk until the oats are partly absorbed.
- Add in mashed banana, cinnamon and nuts + seeds, stir and boil for another 30 seconds – 1 minute. If you find the oats are becoming too dry, add more water to achieve the consistency you like.
- Serve in a open bowl and top with fruit of your choice, with pumpkin seeds.
TIP: If you work, have early uni/school hours or planning to leave the house early, you can always prepare this the night before and store in a mason jar. Or, if you’re like me and aim to always be prepared and organized during the week, why not cook in bulk and store in the fridge! Less time cooking = more time sleeping. Winning!