Spent yesterday baking ahead for afternoon tea with my baby cousin and aunty, when I came a cross a heap of organic beetroots I forgot about in my back fridge.
I’ve always loved the taste of them but never found a way to make something tastier than a boring boiled beetroot and spinach salad, so I went onto pintrest and found some inspiration for this Beetroot Dip – which I made for the first time in my new Optimum 4200 blender!
(Yep, I was bouncing up and down like a child watching it blend – it was exciting. My brand new baby I saved for, was right in front of me. Best day ever.)
The verdict? Nothing beets, beetroot dip.. not even pesto or vegan mozzarella cheese. This shiz is the biz.
- 1 medium beet – cleaned, peeled and cubed
- 2 tblsp tahini
- 5 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch himalayan salt
- Boil beetroots in small saucepan on medium to high heat until soft (5-10 minutes), then drain and cool.
- In a food processor or blender, pulse beets with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and add extra quantities accordingly to your desired taste. If its too watery, add more chickpeas.
- Enjoy chilled with vegetable sticks or flaxseed crisps.
- Store leftovers in a air-tight container up to 3 days in fridge.
much love, x