Christmas day is all about sharing the good stuff (aka food, of course) with your family and friends so I thought why not do some myself, and share recipes to inspire you this Christmas! They are simple, easy and quick to make and are perfect for last minute ideas or disastrous re-makes. (let’s be honest, we have ALL been there!)
The recipes come from people who have inspired me along the way and have a similar philosophy of me in nourishing the body with wholesome healthy, fresh foods.
Who: SECRET SQUIRREL – created and ran by a Australian living in Dubai, Karen celebrates the pleasures of eating simple, real, natural and wholesome food by exploring healthy alternatives to your not-so-healthy food.
Fact about the author: she is actually a qualified chartered accountant in supply chain and logistics (huh!?)
Feature recipe: RAW LEMON AND GINGER(BREAD) MEN
It’s raining Lemon & Ginger(Bread) Men!!! Hallelujah, it’s raining men… yeah yeah…
These men are Raw, vegan, sugar-free, dairy-free and gluten-free and make the perfect mid-morning, mid-afternoon, lunch box and post gym snack… when it’s not Christmas!
1 cup dates
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup almonds
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp water
Dried fruit, nuts and seeds to decorate!
1. Add all ingredients into a food processor and process until the mixture sticks together and well combined.
2. Spoon 2 tbsp of mixture into cookie cutters.
3. Put into the freezer for approximately ½ hour to set.
4. Pull out of the freezer and decorate with dried fruit, nuts and seeds by pressing a pattern into the gingerbread men.
5. Consume immediately or keep in the freezer for later.
Check back tomorrow for the next featured recipe 🙂
[Related post – How To Avoid the Christmas Weight Gain ]
yours wholesomely, x